Software Engineer / PHP Developer
Jellyfish are looking for a Software Engineer / PHP Developer, to work within the existing development team to continue to develop our Infinity platform. The Infinity platform is a complete analytics tracking service with integrated call tracking capabilities, which are the most sophisticated in the world.
Jellyfish are a diverse digital marketing agency and Infinity is the technology platform that underpins it. As well as Infinity being Jellyfish's platform it is also being sold direct to hundreds of companies including many blue chip house hold names.
We're looking for someone who can bring something new and exciting to the team.
- 22 days holiday, increasing to 23 days after 1 years service and 24 after 2 years service)
- Company profit related bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Semi flexible working hours
- Ride2Work scheme
- Company stakeholder pension plan
- An excellent working environment
- The opportunity to develop your skills
- The opportunity to work with varied, international clients across multiple industry sectors
- Able to work from our offices in Reigate.
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of OOP, MVC and PHP programming.
- Confidence with the Linux command-line.
- Results oriented and with a strong customer/client focus.
- Be a team player with high energy.
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Self motivated, accountability and sense of ownership. Should take pride in what you code.
Beneficial, but not essential:
- Experience of Symfony, ideally version 2.
- Experience of other MVC frameworks.
- Working knowledge of XML/JSON and using 3rd party API’s.
- A good understanding of Google Analytics or other web analytics.
- Experience with version control, ideally GitHub
- Maintain a good standard of coding and adhere to the same conventions as the rest of the team.
- Leave code better than you found it.
- Test your code, be it client or server-side.
- Be willing to work in a research capacity – to find and test and critically review open-source frameworks and technologies.
- Be willing to take ownership of projects and to present your proposed solutions to the wider team.
- Jellyfish developers tend to work in a DevOps capacity and you will be expected to reach a degree of competency in maintaining your own development server and migrating work in progress to UAT/testing servers.
- Ability to perform effectively to tight deadlines, work well both independently and as part of a team.
- A proactive attitude to problem solving and an understanding of the role of development in a creative environment.
- Be able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff and the business.
- The ability to advise and communicate with the wider business.
Apply for this position now