Head of Programmatic Display
The display team are responsible for designing and delivering campaigns across all devices and formats. Campaigns are delivered using a “programmatic-first” approach by Jellyfish’s in-house team. Jellyfish seek to minimise reliance on network-style vendors and operate a transparent buying model that is operated wholly in our advertisers’ best interests. The team are also responsible for developing all display clients and providing support and training to self-serve channel partner clients.
Primarily using the DoubleClick platform for media buying and ad serving, the team consist of in-house programmatic buying team. Outfit that is run in a team of display managers who use programmatic trading technology to deliver campaigns. Our key criteria is to deliver smart display campaigns that operate in the best interests of our advertisers. To that end the proposition is transparent and third-party vendors. As the head of Display in the UK, you will be responsible for leading, developing and growing the team in the UK in close communication with the US Office.
As the most senior hire in the UK office the role requires the flexibility and durability you would expect in a vibrant and expanding company. The core responsibilities will include:
- Provide governance for the department and ensure work is done to a consistent quality and in in line with Jellyfish’s values.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships.
- Leading the display team in their workaday duties and provide an escalation point for clients when necessary.
- Nurture the team’s individual growth and develop the team professionally; grow their understanding of digital media and provide a framework for them to develop into champions/specialists.
- Contribute to how to augment and develop the team’s function, size and roles as the agency and the display team expands.
- Manage the business development team and support with pitches, providing personal support and developing the team to contribute.
- Work with the Global Head of Display to evaluate new technologies, formats, data sources, and media and technology vendors on both a global and local scale.
- Growing client accounts and contributing to QBR, strategic reviews, helping display managers working closely with business development and client services to develop Jellyfish’s pipeline.
- Guiding client and company strategy in conjunction with other areas of the business.
This presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to utilise their existing skills in digital advertising. Core skills and experience would include:
- A solid understanding of all digital media is essential.
- A stellar knowledge of display advertising, including its past and present, along with as an insight into its future.
- Experience with working with ad-tech, including buy side programmatic platforms.
- A proven record of managing and growing a team in an agile environment.
- Implementing initiatives to the benefit of the company and/or individual advertisers.
- Experience with working with media planners and the ability to respond to briefs and develop and grow clients.
- Experience with working with client customer databases a plus.
- Highly analytical and data driven.
- Numerate and articulate.
- A self-motivated individual who is able to operate autonomously and take control when required.
- Exhibits a high level of attention to detail.
- An outgoing, positive thinker, with consistent levels of evident enthusiasm.
- Flexible, versatile and copes well under pressure.