Creative & Development
Senior Frontend Developer
Jellyfish is looking for a talented and self-motivated Front End Developer to work within our London. If you enjoy coding, sharing ideas and love being part of a collaborative team within a growing, international agency, then this is the role for you.
Jellyfish is a diverse digital marketing agency, which means you’ll work on anything from simple content managed websites to advanced web apps and lead generation projects.
Like the sound of us? And are you someone who can bring fresh ideas, fizzing energy and a hands-on can-do attitude to where we work (and how we work?)
If so, we should be talking.
Before we do, take a look at the key skills we’re looking for. If it still sounds like the role is made for you, then get in touch today.
- Maintain a good standard of coding and adhere to the same conventions as the rest of the team.
- Leave code better than you found it (and fully commented).
- Test your code, be it client or server-side.
- Be willing to take ownership of projects and to present your proposed solutions to the wider team to non-technical staff.
- Jellyfish developers work in a DevOps capacity and you will be expected to reach a degree of competency in maintaining your own development area and migrating work in progress to UAT/testing servers.
- Ability to perform effectively to tight deadlines, work well both independently and as part of a team.
- A proactive attitude to problem solving and an understanding of the role of development in a creative environment.
Strong knowledge and significant previous experience in a front end developer role, with substantial experience and application of:
- Delivering quality websites with HTML5.
- Styling effectively with SASS/LESS and task runners (Grunt/Gulp).
- Responsive web design practices.
- CSS frameworks (Bootstrap preferred).
- Github version control.
- Working with CMS’ like Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress.
- Knowledge of PHP.
- Understanding and application of User Experience (UX) principles.
- Comfortable working within a command line interface.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Self-motivated with a sense of ownership.
- Flexible, versatile and copes well under pressure.