Richard Hartley shared some quick hits on how to approach paid search marketing with app developer magazine.
1. What’s happening with PPC technology: Google DoubleClick’s unrivalled development power could see other software tools lose custom.
2. Getting the most out of AdWords: As AdWords develops and becomes more advanced, optimisation and testing takes longer – slicker automation and segmentation would reduce this time.
3. The role of PPC in tracking the client journey: The ‘fragmented user’ uses several devices and is exposed to dozens of paid media channels. This poses reporting and wider customer ‘journey’ challenges – such as how best to optimise content and establishing what the most successful route to conversion.
4. What affects paid search: In the ecommerce space, Google seem very keen to develop their shopping offering with their price comparison service.
5. Privacy and brand engagement: They’ll always be some who want tools that don’t expose advertiser’s data to Google for fear of them ‘hoarding’ market information.
Click below to read the full article.