Team Jellyfish joined in the action at Run Reigate 2015, taking part in the Half Marathon and 10k and conquering the renowned ‘bosh’ hill!
Thirteen Jellyfish runners share their stats and the overwhelming relief of overcoming Littleton Lane, known to Run Reigate regulars as ‘Bosh hill’.
Bosh hill is at the 12 mile mark along the route, our video team captured runners tackling the struggle on the day.
Aside from the hill our team completed the course with good times and were grateful for all the support along the route from families and children handing out chocolates and homemade cupcakes!
The day itself was bright and sunny with food and kids entertainment galore.
Well done to Half Marathon runners Alice Reeves and Yasmin King, Alice beat her Half Marathon personal best by 3 minutes and Yazmin beat her performance last year by ten minutes!
Congratulations to Barry Worth for getting the quickest Jellyfish time in the Half Marathon completing the course in 1:44:51 – only beating Rachel Bates by 56 seconds!
Richard Hartley had a target in mind of doing the 10k in an hour and showed it’s mind over matter coming in at 58:45!
Some friendly rivalry was evident from the boys doing the 10k with Dan Paget leading the pack, coming in at 50 minutes and 29 seconds!
And of course a massive congratulations to all of our other seasoned runners Jemma Burton, Matt Le Gresley, Genevieve Poultney, Duncan Shinn, Jo Bond and Charlotte Pink.
- Between them our thirteen runners covereda total of 136 miles
- That’s the same as running from Reigate to Nottingham
- Or Reigate to Wokingham and back – TWICE
- The Jellyfish thirteen burned 15,414 calories altogether
- That’s the equivalent of 56 big macs, 88 packets of crisps or 70 doughnuts
- Or if you’re feeling healthy, 296 apples!
- The nine runners who recorded their steps took 136168 steps in total
- Which is the same as 3 nights worth of clubbing!
Will you take part next year?