Want to learn how to run super-fast queries on large datasets? Our Google BigQuery course will give you an in-depth understanding of the tool and enable you to turn big data into actionable business insights.
BigQuery is a powerful Big Data solution that can provide you with the insights you need to create a better customer experience and drive competitive advantage.
If you are using your analytics data to answer complex business questions or are looking for a solution that will help create efficiency and save costs in the long term, our analytics experts will show you how BigQuery can help solve these problems.
The course will take advantage of Google Analytics 360 data to cover the four main concepts that a user should understand when using BigQuery: projects, datasets, tables and jobs.
We’ll cover in detail the main elements of interaction including loading and exporting data as well as querying, viewing and managing data.
Finally, we will look at some common causes of error and BigQuery's integrations with other tools.
This course is led by BigQuery implementation and insights specialists working with the tool on a daily basis.
Our Google BigQuery course is available at our training centre in The Shard, London.
We also offer private training courses tailored to your needs, which are ideal if you have an analytics team who want to learn how to use this tool.
Google BigQuery 1 day Classroom Course
By the end of the day you’ll be able to load data into BigQuery, query the data that you are using and export the data in order to manage and measure against your objectives.
This course compliments the Google Analytics and Analytics Insights courses.
What will I learn?
- Use the BigQuery interface with confidence to make sense of Big Data and provide insights to the business
- Learn SQL fundamentals: clauses, functions, operators, integrating SQL with scripts
- Answer complex questions you couldn’t answer in the Google Analytics platform - from time to interaction analysis to user journey visualisation
- Enhance Google Analytics data with your own business data
- Integrate BigQuery with your technology stack and other tools including Data Studio
Why should I take this course?
Having some basic knowledge of SQL and how data is gathered within your business is required.
- BigQuery: Fundamentals, use cases, access control
- Creating datasets and tables
- Analytics 360 schema
- Query syntax and clauses (e.g. WHERE, JOIN, IN/NOT IN, ORDER BY, GROUP BY)
- String functions: use cases and examples, e.g. concatenating, splitting and extracting values
- Aggregate and window functions: use case and examples, e.g. counting and ranking values and defining subgroups of data
- Arithmetic operators: use cases and examples, e.g. rounding, absolute values, averages
- Regular expressions
- Working with different types: casting functions
- Advanced analysis of Analytics 360 data
- Importing/exporting data
- BigQuery limitations
- Common causes for errors
- Integrations: overview and examples with R, Tableau, Google Sheets, Data Studio
Upcoming CoursesView all
Google BigQuery Standard
Our trainers are all seasoned experts that have extensive experience working in the industry. They will be happy to answer questions, on the day or post training as part of our ongoing support.
Food & Drink
We pride ourselves on providing our attendees with high quality food and refreshments. Both are available throughout the day and we cater for any dietary requirements for you.