Google Marketing Platform In-depth
Gain a technical overview of the Google Marketing Platform and use it to make better informed decisions.
This two day course will take you through each of the Display & Video 360 products, Search Ads 360 and Analytics 360 and explain how they integrate. As well as having an overview of the products, you'll gain some hands-on practical skills within the platform to give you a more of a tactical and technical understanding of each product and how to use it.
This is a great session for someone who is an existing customer of Analytics 360 (or former DoubleClick) that would like to gain a technical overview of the capabilities of the Google Marketing Platform. We encourage you to use your own accounts during the training but if you have not got access you can use ours.
At the end of the course, you'll feel comfortable with the more practical tasks of creating audiences, using the audiences in Display & Video 360 campaigns, reporting on campaign performance and attributing display as part of your overall online marketing activity.
Our Google Marketing Platform In-depth course is available at as a private training or webinar session. We can tailor the courses to your business needs, which is ideal if you have a team that wants to understand from both a technical and a strategic point of view how your organisation can get the most out of these advertising and analytics products.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course you’ll have gained the skills to:
- Understand how to implement the products and product features within the Google Marketing Platform and how to use them to maximum benefit
- Configure the features and reports specific to Analytics 360 and how to get unsampled data
- Create your own funnels to visualise conversion processes and drop-offs in Custom Funnels and Advanced Analysis
- Come up with and create an introductory audience strategy in Analytics 360 & DV360
- Understand how you can track the performance of your display and search campaigns and attribute conversions within your wider marketing mix
On day one we’ll cover:
Overview of Google Marketing Platform
- The Technology Landscape
- The Google Marketing Platform Offering
- Benefits of a Unified Stack
- The role of the ad server
- Working with Creatives
- Basic Campaign setup and structure
- Using Floodlights and activity tracking
- Reporting and attribution capabilities
Display & Video 360
- Fundamentals of Programmatic
- Display & Video 360 and Programmatic
- Features of the Display & Video 360 Platform
- Basics of Targeting and campaign Management
- Data Driven Creatives
- Platform Overview
- Connectivity with the wider marketing platform
Search Ads 360
- Difference between Search Ads 360 and Google Ads
- Platform basics and campaign setup
- How to optimise bids and targeting capabilities
- Best practices for measuring results
On day two we’ll cover:
Digital Analytics Fundamentals
- Understanding the web analytics lifecycle
- Measurement planning and core data elements
Analytics 360 Unique Features & Unsampled Data
- Analytics 360 - feature benefits and set up
- Data limits and unsampled data
Understanding your Customer
- Segmentation and audience sharing
- Customer journey visualisation - Custom Funnels & Advanced Analysis/li>
- The BigQuery integration
- The Google Marketing Platform reporting, attribution and audience sharing integration