Whether you're a small local trader or a large multi-locational business, understanding how to attract nearby customers through search is vital. Learn the secrets of local search engine optimisation on our one-day course.
With localised results being a key part of many Google searches, understanding how to gain a presence in maps and local listings is essential for any business trying to attract local customers.
On our local SEO course you'll learn how to optimise your website to take advantage of local search. Our highly experienced trainers will help you understand the key general principles of SEO as well as the tactics, tools and opportunities that make local search different.
Our beginners level course provides an excellent introduction to SEO, covering all of the basic knowledge and fundamental techniques needed to run a local search campaign.
As well as the basics of SEO we'll look at other important considerations for local search including Google My Business, local Schema, Mobile search and local citations.
Our courses are available for individual delegates at our training centre in The Shard, London, or as private sessions if you have a whole team you need to bring up to speed on local SEO.
Local SEO1 day Classroom Course
By the end of this intensive one-day course you’ll have a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of local SEO including how to identify the best opportunities, how to optimise your presence on Google maps, building authority via local links and citations, and the importance of reviews and reputation management.
What will I learn?
- How search engines work including key Google algorithm changes
- How to identify opportunities for local search and make the most of them
- The fundamentals of onsite SEO and best practice for optimising page content for local search
- The importance of local backlinks and citations and how to build them
- How to use Google My Business to optimise your local map and search presence
Why should I take this course?
- What is Local SEO?
- Why is it important?
- Evolution of SEO
- General SEO ranking factors
- How to conduct keyword research
- Page titles
- Image alt tags
- Site structure
- Building out local content
- Creating an account
- Adding and verifying multiple locations
- Optimising your listing
- Acquiring Google reviews
- What are citations and how to build them
- Link building considerations
- Link earning ideas
- Structured data types
- Implementing Schema
- Monitoring reviews and social mentions
- Tools for tracking and monitoring SEO performance
Upcoming CoursesView all
Our trainers are all seasoned experts that have extensive experience working in the industry. They will be happy to answer questions, on the day or post training as part of our ongoing support.
Food & Drink
We pride ourselves on providing our attendees with high quality food and refreshments. Both are available throughout the day and we cater for any dietary requirements for you.