User Experience Design Online Course
This is a fully supported, 10-week online training course delivered by our partners Red & Yellow and is designed to help you understand the basic principles of UX, equipping you with the tools and tactics to build a user friendly website.
User Experience Design Online7 modules
Powered by the digital experts at Red & Yellow, the User Experience Design online course will teach you how to build a website interface in order to make your digital channels easy, intuitive and fun to use.
You’ll learn how to understand and integrate UX into everything you do online – from crafting user-friendly websites to increasing your conversions through to testing.
What will I learn?
- Understand the importance and benefits of UX design
- Design user friendly websites that delight, rather than frustrate
- Create digital experiences that make customers react positively to your brand
- Understand how functionality needs to adapt across devices and channels to ensure optimal user satisfaction
- Be able to use rich user data to continuously improve and optimise your website offering
Why should I take this course?
- Grasp the fundamental principles of good UX design
- Explain where UX fits into the lifecycle of a project
- Identify good and bad example of UX in the real world and online
- Research the business you’re working with to analyse what UX considerations are most applicable
- Understand how to research and interpret data
- Know how to define the target audience and tailor the experience for their specific needs
- Develop an information architecture for a website
- Analyse content and design a content strategy
- Build a sitemap that factors in navigation, search and functionality
- Devise a style guide
- Understand the relationship between visual design and usability
- Identify the components of web development and how they factor into the process
- Create a wireframe and prototyping tools
- Build forms that deliver on the desired outcome
- Write content that answers both search engine optimisation and user needs
- Design user experiences that meet the needs of mobile audiences
- Have a form grasp of the essential principles when designing for mobile
- Understand the key factors that define what makes an app work, or not
- Conduct a clearly structure and useful user test
- Choose the right methodologies for user-testing needs
- Summarise, communicate and implement the results of your user-testing
- Weeks 8 & 9 are for the research project where you’ll delve into wireframing and protyping a digital application with best UX principles in mind.
How the course works
- 7 modules (1 per week)
- 8 assignments (1 per week, mix of quizzes and written questions)
- 1 research project
- 8-10 hours of study per week (including reading the course notes, further research and assignments)
- The first week is dedicated to orientation. You'll get to familiarise yourself with the online learning platform, understand how everything works and meet the team that'll support you during this upskilling process. Then in weeks 2-10, you'll start delving into the learning modules.
- 15th Apr 2019
Online Learning USPs
Access the course content from anywhere in the world and participate in live chat sessions, forums and discussions. All assignments are designed to give you skills that you can immediately apply in the workplace.
Red & Yellow
All of the online courses delivered by our partner Red & Yellow offer part-time flexibility and are fully supported by a course coordinator, so you can focus on what matters – the learning.